At The Wall Street Journal, journalism is the business.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. Published by Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. & world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
Interested? Take the next step and apply for a position at The Wall Street Journal.
Job responsibilities include but aren't necessarily limited to:
○ Manages operations and daily flow of stories, coordinates with MarketWatch/Dow Jones Media Group editors.
○ Helps assign stories, guides reporters, final reads stories before publication.
○ Helps manage editorial calendar. Runs live blogs of key events.
○ Writes at least 3 posts per week on breaking news and high-profile events.
○ Assists with performance reviews and career development of reporters. Coaches reporters on immediate stories and long-lead features.
○ Assists Editor in Chief with business development of the site and securing key partnerships,both within Dow Jones and externally.
○ On occasion when warranted, attends select conferences or events and writes series of news posts.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30231
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area ..
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..